Bob Baron 1929-1996 Ellen Baron 1924-2007
- The Robert L. Baron Endowment
- Was established to benefit Planetree Health Resource Center in 1996. Among many other community involvements, Bob Baron served for over 25 years on the foundation board of San José Medical Center which provided funding to establish the Planetree library in 1989. In March of 1996, Bob was honored by over 300 other community leaders at a San José Medical Center Foundation Legacy Award dinner, held at his alma mater, San José State University.
- Proceeds from the Legacy event helped to seed the endowment announced that evening.
By designating Planetree library as his endowment beneficiary, Bobs vision for
increased long term community support for the library can become a reality. An article
that appeared in the Willow Glen Resident gives further highlights about Mr. Barons life as a husband, father, grandfather, and community leader in San José.
- Ellen Baron, a delightful woman deeply devoted to her family and her community, was a great supporter of many local organizations, including PlaneTree. She volunteered at many of our special events and health fairs. Along with her sons Brad and Bill, and many other PlaneTree supporters, Mrs. Baron contributed generously to the Baron Endowment. She is greatly missed by her families and many friends who cherish fond memories. We note her passing with great sadness.
- Within the Baron Endowment are individual memorial funds, created to honor the work and the life of other individuals. PlaneTree library also misses a special friend and valued member of our volunteer staff. Mary Kay Barnes, worked several hours a week at the library for many years, starting even before we opened to the public in 1989. Mary Kay designated PlaneTree library as the charity of her choice and specified that contributions be placed in the Baron Endowment. Both she and the Barons, whose families have been friends for many years, understood the importance of developing longterm support for our non-profit community library.
PlaneTree Health Library ·
15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Rd. ·
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408) 358 - 5667
Please note our disclaimer: materials at PlaneTree Health Library are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a healthcare professional. Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.