Prescription and Non-Prescription Medications
Back to Top
MEDLINEplus: Drug Information
- More than 9,000 prescription and
over-the-counter medications provided by the United States Pharmacopeia. www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
- Department of the Food and
Drug Administration dedicated to evaluating over-the-counter and
prescription drugs. Site contains detailed information on the safety and
effectiveness of drugs on the market and those awaiting approval. Includes
a database of FDA approved drug products.
The Dietary Supplements Labels Database of the National Library of Medicine
- "offers information about ingredients in more than two thousand selected brands of dietary supplements. It enables users to determine what ingredients are in specific brands and to compare ingredients in different brands. Information is also provided on the health benefits claimed by manufacturers." The site can be searched by brand name or active ingredients as well as by manufacturer's name. For better understanding of supplements use and adverse effects, relevant links to PubMed and MedlinePlus are provided. Links to the FDA "Recalls" and "Warnings" are found at the bottom of the home page.
- DrugDigest is a noncommercial, evidence-based, consumer health
and drug information site dedicated to empowering consumers to make
informed choices about drugs and treatment options.
- An important information source for patients who have
trouble meeting the high cost of their drugs. This site provides
information on Patient Assistance Programs offered by drug manufacturers
to help patients get their medicines either for free or at a lower cost.
NOAH: Medications and Drugs
- Detailed information from the New York
Online Access to Health site concerning prescription and over-the-counter
Food and Drug Administration
- Contains a wide range of information
about the FDA and its regulation of food, drugs, medical devices, and the
blood supply, as well as information about how to report problems with the
products the FDA regulates
PlaneTree Health Library ·
15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Rd. ·
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408) 358 - 5667
Please note our disclaimer: materials at PlaneTree Health Library are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a healthcare professional. Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.