Open Hours: Tues & Thurs 2pm - 8pm Wed, Fri, Sat 11am - 5pm
Back to Top
- PlaneTree staff is always available during open hours to help you assess what type of information you are looking for, to help you understand the different information resources available to you within the library and how to access further resources beyond the library, and to help you to decide the further steps in obtaining the information you need. Overview of Health and Medical Topics
- Article Files
- Much of the most current and relevant information at PlaneTree Health Resource Center is located among over 800 topic files of articles and clippings. We review major medical journals, health newsletters, and major newspapers and make selections for the files which cover medical conditions, mental health concerns, diagnostic tests and procedures, complementary therapies and many other areas of consumer health interest.
- Book and Audio-Visual Collection
- Medical textbooks and dictionaries, popular health books, guides to pharmaceutical drugs and easy-to-understand materials are all part of the over 2,000 books in PlaneTree library's current, relevant, and in-depth book collection.
The PlaneTree library offers information on many medical topics in audiocassette and videotape formats.
- Journal Collection
- We carry up to five years of back issues of major medical journals, popular health magazines & newsletters, publications which focus on specific medical concerns or topics, and titles that cover complementary (alternative) therapies.
- Computer services include DSL access to the internet, including access to many licensed databases , searches of the National Library of Medicine database (Pubmed) that staff or patrons perform; and three Internet work stations available to the public for health and medical searching at no charge.
PlaneTree staff is available to help people who are not yet comfortable with computers to use them to find health and medical information.
- Multicultural Resouces
- Health care professionals, students, and others serving diverse communities can find information on increasing their cultural competence in the health care setting at the PlaneTree library.
- Support Groups
- Directories (found as both books and Internet websites) at PlaneTree San José provide local and national listings for established support groups plus guidelines to assist you in forming a new group.
- Children's Area
- Children are welcome at PlaneTree library! We have a special corner with a kid-sized table and chairs, teddy bears, crayons and coloring books, and many wonderful children's books for all ages.
- The health bookstore at PlaneTree Health Library offers staff and patron favorites as well as book, audio and video titles not easily found in other retail stores. Special orders for health and medical titles in print is available at no extra charge.
PlaneTree Health Library ·
15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Rd. ·
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408) 358 - 5667
Please note our disclaimer: materials at PlaneTree Health Library are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a healthcare professional. Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.