Overview of Cancer and Treatments
We deeply appreciate the many organizations which generously provide health information to the public. We encourage you to explore their websites more fully. Each originating organization has sole responsibility for the content of its web pages.
- City of Hope
- National Cancer Institute
- What is Chemotherapy?
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer: Questions and Answers
- Radiation Therapy and You: A Guide to Self-Help during Cancer Treatment
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine, including biofeedback, hypnosis, meditation, prayer and yoga
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Cancer Treatments ( FAQs)
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine, links to further information
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship - NCCS
- Cancer Survivor Toolbox - "... a free, self-learning audio program that has been developed by leading cancer organizations to help people develop important skills to better meet and understand the challenges of their illness. On this site, you can read or listen to the Toolbox in English and Spanish, or download the files to read or listen later. Chinese transcripts are also available. "